About Our School
The opening day of school will be Tuesday, September 5th. School hours are 8:15 AM – 3:05 PM.
You can phone our school directly. Please note our numbers:
- Main Office – Mrs. Ferris and Mrs. Ambort 678-8510
- Nurse’s Office – Mrs. Garofalo 678-8514
Our Breakfast Program will begin on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 3rd. Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria from 7:30 AM. To 8:15 AM. If your child is planning to have breakfast in school please allow enough time for him/her to eat and get to class on time. Monthly breakfast tickets are available. Children will not be allowed into breakfast before 7:30 AM since there is no supervision before that time.
Lunch may also be purchased at school. PLEASE NOTE THAT MONTHLY LUNCH TICKETS are available for the children. They may be purchased from the cashier in the lunchroom.
Please adhere to the following guidelines and procedures throughout the school year to keep your children safe and secure.
- School begins at 8:15 A.M. Children will be considered late if they enter after that time. Children should not arrive at school earlier than 8:15 A.M. as we do not have outdoor supervision before this time. The only exceptions would be those children who have scheduled early morning instruction or are at school for the breakfast program.
- If you drive your child to school please use the Beatrice Avenue entrance. Drive around the circle and drop your children at the front entrance. If you are dropping off children during our bus arrival time be cautious NOT to pass a bus that is dropping off our children. Wait patiently and exit behind the buses. Beatrice Avenue now is an exiting lane, so make a left turn and exit the school complex on Beatrice Avenue. DO NOT form a double lane of cars. This will force children to cross between cars and buses, causing a VERY DANGEROUS problem.
- Car Pool Dismissal – PARK your cars in the parking lot adjacent to Mahlon Brower Drive, or on Mahlon Brower Drive. Come to the circle in front of the cafeteria and portable doors and wait OUTSIDE for the children. Their teachers will bring them to the door and a monitor will be there as well. DO NOT instruct your children to meet you at your cars. The children will only be released to an adult who is waiting outside.
NOTE: The only walkers dismissed through our front doors will be those who are not being escorted by an adult. All adults picking up children MUST WAIT in the circle outside of the Middle School Cafeterias.
- If your child is going to be absent from school please call the nurse’s office at 678-8514 the first thing in the morning. In the event that she doesn’t hear from you, the nurse will call home on the morning of your child’s first day of absence. A note explaining the cause of absence is required when your child returns to school, and should be given to your child’s teacher.